8dBi Fiber Glass Antenna
The second generation of RAK antennas for LoRa® incorporate high-performance omni-directional elements which support ultra high frequency (UHF) LoRa® bands (US915, AU915, KR920, and AS923).
Important: This antenna is too long to be attached directly to your gateway. To avoid damaging your gateway connector especially in windy season, we recommend using a feeder line cable and secure the antenna with brackets.
- IPEX: Small connector found on our concentrator cards like the RAK2287
- RP-SMA: Connector found on our commercial and developer gateways, RAK Hotspot Miner and Helium™ Hotspot
- Frequency: 900-930MHz
- Gain: 8.0dBi
- VSWR: ≤1.5
- Beamwidth: 360 degrees
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Polarization: Vertical
- Radome Body: Fiberglass
- Connector: N-Type Male
- Bracket Inclusion: 2pcs brackets
- Dimensions: 900 ± 20mm
- Operation Temperature: -30°C~65°C
- Storage Temperature: -30°C~75°C
- 1x Antenna
- 1x Pigtail interface converter
- 2x Mounting brackets
Questions and Answers
Nearest helium hotspot in my city is 5km away. do you think that 8DBI antenna will be sufficient to reach this hotspot?
This all depands on where the antennahotspot will be mounted. If the greater portion of the distance is unbstructed it will be possible.
However if both hotspots are at glound level and there is nothing but buildings (as opposed to free space) between the two hotspots it is unlikelly.
In any case you will get significant range improvements with the antenna. Just use the following general rules as a guideline.
1. Position the antenna as high as possible.
2. Make sure there are as little direct obstructions between the two points (line of sight) if possible.
3. Try to has as short of a cable as possible between the antenna and the hotsport to reduce the attenuation and noise.
4. Think of lightning protection as this will be outside.
Does this work for outside environments?
Yes, it is specifically designed for outdoor environment.
Will this work for the EU hotspots?
This 900M-930M is not suitable for Europe. But our EU based fiberglass 8dbi antenna will be ready soon(in around 10days)
Similar Products in this Category