RAK833 Gateway Module
RAK833 is a fully fledged LoRa Concentrator module. It is very similar in function to the larger RAK831 module. However, it has a number of advantages over its bigger brother.
It has a smaller footprint due to the fact it is in the industry standard PCI Express Mini Card (mPCIe) form factor. This makes it suitable for integration in customer equipment – 3rd party routers, development boards. It is perfect for small series testing and integration into measurement equipment (tablets/laptops for drive testing, metering, etc).
Complete documentation of this product can be found on our website documentation page.
- SX1301 provides 8 uplink and 1 downlink LoRa demodulation paths
- Max Tx Power of 20dBm
- RX sensitivity of -136dBm
- Full LoRaWAN 1.0.2 stack support
- Compact size in the form of a mPCIe 52pin form factor card
- Compatible with 3.3V mPCIe type slots, common for 3G/LTE modules
- With an option for SPI interface board or both SPI and USB interfaces
- Perfect for a Plug-and-Play Setup when used together with the mPCIe to USB adapter (check this option above to include the board)
- Product Dimensions: 30mm x 50.95mm
- Product Weight: 0.1kg
- 1pc RAK833-SPI
- 1pc IPEX Antenna
Hello, we have bought a rak833 board from Amazon Italy (https://www.amazon.it/RAK833-Gateway-Concentrator-Module-SX1301/dp/B07NZX38J3/). Is this version an SPI/USB or a SPI only? How can we identify it? Can be plugged into mPCIe to USB Board? Can be plugged directly into a PC with a PCIe slot? Thanks
The version of the board is normally shown on the sticker. However since you bought this from a 4rd party retailer we can not ascertain got its validity. It is best you asked the seller.
You can plug it into a PC's PCIe slot, however only the SPI/USB version of the board will work with a mPCIe to USB converter board.
I am interested in the RAK833 SPI/USB mPCIe. Does this device have drivers for Windows and Linux? Is there documentation of command set? Getting started document references Raspberry Pi. Is there a document for generic x86 system? Am I able to configure 1x RAK833 as Tx and 1x RAK833 as Rx to send data?
You have receive an answer to your question via email.