Raspberry Pi Kit For Private LTE/5G (MagmaCore Inside)
Magma Powered Open Source 5G AGW Gateway on Raspberry Pi4 for Developer
Prefer another courier for your delivery? Contact us for special shipping arrangements.
Magma was developed by Facebook to help telecom operators deploy mobile networks quickly and easily. The project, which Facebook open-sourced in 2019, does this by providing a software-centric distributed mobile packet core and tools for automating network management. This containerized network function integrates with the existing back end of a mobile network and makes it easy to launch new services at the network edge. Running network services at the edge lowers latency and reduces the cost of monthly bills from cloud service providers.
Magma runs containerized on Docker so developers can easily add their own custom services as containers. To learn more about MagmaCore, visit the Magma Official website.
Magma will provide these features:
- Allow operators to expand capacity and reach by using LTE, 5G, Wi-Fi, and Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS).
- Allow operators to offer cellular service without vendor lock-in with a modern, open-source core network.
- Enable operators to manage their networks more efficiently with more automation, less downtime, better predictability, and more agility to add new services and applications.
- Enabling federation between existing mobile network operators (MNO)s and new infrastructure providers to augment mobile network infrastructure more efficiently.
- Support open-source 5G technology and incubate future wireless network use cases like Private 5G, Integrated Access Backhaul (IAB), Augmented Networks, and Non-Terrestrial Networks (NTN).
Major wireless carriers can't reach every location. Magma boxes fill in the gaps. Connect a radio to your Magma box and provide cellular connectivity where you need it most. External LTE, 5G or CBRS small cell not included. You can connect with your own Radios or select the Radio in purchasing menu as a bundle.
The Magma Box comes with an industrial-grade enclosure, not only can you use this for developing a proof of concept, but you can also use it for deploying to production across your enterprise.
When your application requires roaming or low latency, Magma Box allows you to fine-tune your OWN private 5G network.
Included in the package:
- 1x Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB RAM(The First Magma Core on ARM Ecosystem)
- 1x Enclosure (92 x 68.3 x 57.2 mm)
- 1x Power adapter 1x USB to RJ45
- 1x 64GB SD card
- 2x SIM cards
- Magma Orchestrator & NMS
- Dockerized Magma AGW 1.8.0 Installation Guide
- Dockerized Magma AGW 1.8.0 Configuration Guide
Questions and Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.