WisBlock Earthquake Sensor Solution Kit
WisBlock RAK10703-K, WisBlock RAK10703
The WisBlock Earthquake Sensor Kit is using the Omron D7S sensor chip.
It includes everything to build a DIY earthquake sensor with the RAK19003 WisBlock Base Board, the RAK4631 WisBlock Core module (pre-flashed with the firmware) and the RAK12027 Earthquake sensor module.
Beside of the WisBlock modules, the kit comes with our Unify Enclosure that provides IP65 protection and a solar panel to recharge the battery.
The Omron D7S is the world’s smallest high precision seismic sensor. Beside of providing seismic data it has as well an alarm output that is activated if a seismic intensity equivalent to 5 or higher on the JMA (Japan Meteorological Agency) Seismic Intensity Scale occurs. This gives the option to shut down sensitive machines and equipment. The D7S sensor detects as well if the horizontal position of the sensor changes, which points towards a collapse of the structure where the sensor was deployed.
This device can detect earthquakes (it cannot predict them), measure the peak levels of the seismic intensity and send the peak values over LoRaWAN or LoRa P2P to a gateway.
The difference between the RAK10703-K Kit and the RAK10703 Solution is that the Solution comes fully assembled with a battery, while the Kit comes as single modules and you have to assembly it by yourself. The Kit is a good choice if you want to extend the Earthquake sensor with other WisBlock Sensors or WisBlock interfaces.
RAK12027 Earthquake Sensor
- Based on Omron D7S-A0001
- Structure collapse detection
- Using the SI value, which has a high correlation with the seismic intensity scale that indicates the magnitude of an earthquake, provides higher-precision judgment of seismic intensity scales.
- Higher degree of freedom for incorporation into devices and prolonged operation on battery power.
- Shutoff output terminal (INT1) operates equivalent to a conventional mechanical vibration sensor and ensures compatibility with mechanical vibration sensors.
- I2C interface is able to obtain earthquake-related information from the Sensor with communications from external devices.
RAK19003 WisBlock Mini Base Board
- Small form factor
- Supports 3 different power supply sources
- Optimized for low power consumption applications
- I2C, UART, GPIO's an analog input accessible with solder contacts
- 2 user-definable LED's
- Reset button
- USB Type C debug port
- 1 slot for WisBlock Core MCU
- 2 slots for modules with 24pin WisConnector
RAK4631 WisBlock Core module
- Ultra-low-power MCU
- 32-bit ARM® Cortex-M4F CPU
- 64MHz CPU clock
- 1 MB Flash, 256 KB RAM
- Low power high range LoRa ® transceiver
- LoRaWAN® 1.0.2 protocol stack (supports Class A & C)
- Nordic nRF52840:
- Unify Enclosure IP65 100x75x38 with Solar Panel
- Unify WisBlock Mounting Plate 100x75x38mm with integrated LoRa antenna
- Supported bands: RU864, IN865, EU868, AU915, US915, KR920, and AS923
- Unify Enclosure with Solar Panel
- Mounting Plate with integrated antenna
- Source Code
Questions and Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.