WisGate Connect Base Kit
RAK7391 WisGate Connect is a Raspberry Pi CM4-based gateway product meant to support different radio and WisBlock modules. It has several interfaces to meet the needs of different developers (HDMI, Ethernet, USB, mPCIe, CSI, DSI, M.2, WisBlock, PoE, Raspberry Pi HAT). Of course, it can also be used as a basic LoRaWAN gateway product supporting up to 4 separate modules (you can have a 16-channel sub GHz LoRaWAN gateways plus a 2.4 GHz LoRaWAN gateway in the same device). It has flexible power supply modes such as DC terminal, Phoenix terminal, and POE (optional). The RAK7391 provides a fan interface to dissipate heat for the CPU that you can control based on the CPU temperature. It can monitor the power supply. In the event of a power failure, the ultracapacitors can provide power to the system, so that the system can send a notification or easily survive micro-cuts in the power supply.
- Accepts the complete range of CM4 modules
- 2x WisBlock IO connectors
- 3x mPCIe slots
- 1x M.2 B-Key interface
- Flexible power supply modes such as DC terminal, Phoenix terminal and POE (optional)
- HDMI 2.0 connector
- 1 Gb Ethernet with PoE support (optional)
- 2.5 Gb Ethernet
- 1x USB2.0 + 2x USB3.0
- Type-C USB socket for updating the CM4
- Micro SD Card socket for CM4 Lite modules
- Standard fan connector, compatible with 12 V and 5 V fans (jumper cap configuration)
- Output power connector (+5 V, +12 V with PoE)
- MIPI DSI display FPC connector (22 pin 0.5 mm pitch cable)
- 2x MIPI CSI-2 camera FPC connectors (22 pin 0.5 mm pitch cable)
- Raspberry Pi HAT connector
- PoE support via an optional module
- Debug UART port
- RTC with battery socket and ability to wake up CM4
- Configuration jumpers (Wi-Fi and BLE enabling/disabling, EEPROM write enable, Buzzer enabling)
We have prepared a custom «distro» for the WisGate Connect called RAKPiOS. The RAKPiOS is a fork of the Raspberry Pi OS with all the required drivers to use the device, some security changes, helper scripts and Docker included by default.
You can easily deploy several IoT services from a curated list of docker containers available from the device.
What's in the kit
- RAK7391 CM4 carrier board
- Set of jumpers
- Phoenix male connector
- 12V2A power supply
- Set of standoffs and screws to protect the board
- Set of screws for the MiniPCIe, M.2 and WisBlock slots
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4102016, CM4104032 or CM4108032)
- LoRa Concentrator (RAK5146-USB version for your region of choice)
- 4G, WiFi6 or WiFi HaLow modules
- LoRaWAN gateway (multichannel, multiband)
- Industrial gateway leveraging existing WisBlock modules (ModBUS, 4-20mA, 0-5V, general IO)
- Edge gateway / Standalone gateway
- Development platform for new products
Questions and Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.