WisGate Connect Gateway
Outdoors gateway focused on wireless connectivity (LoRaWAN, Bluetooth, LTE, HaLow,...)
The WisGate Connect Gateway is specially designed as a powerful and flexible outdoors gateway for Smart Cities and Smart Farming.
At the core of the WisGate Connect we have a RAK7391 carrier board for the the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4). This is a powerful ARM hardware solution capable of running different operating systems and multiple applications.
The WisGate Connect Gateway provides several LoRaWAN configurations: 8 or 16 channels sub-GHz LoRaWAN or dual band (sub-GHz + 2.4GHz) LoRaWAN and optional LTE connectivity.
It can be powered using PoE+ (802.3at) and supports dying gasp functionality. The outdoors enclosure is rated IP67 and provides 2 type-N connectors for LoRaWAN antennas and a internal antenna panel with embedded GPS, LTE and WiFi/Bluetooth antennas.
See hardware compatibility section below.
- Accepts the complete range of CM4 modules
- 2x WisBlock IO connectors
- 3x mPCIe slots
- 1x M.2 B-Key interface
- Flexible power supply modes such as DC terminal, Phoenix terminal and POE (optional)
- HDMI 2.0 connector
- 1 GB Ethernet with PoE support (optional)
- 2.5 GB Ethernet
- 1x USB2.0 + 2x USB3.0
- Type-C USB socket for updating the CM4
- Micro SD Card socket for CM4 Lite modules
- Standard fan connector, compatible with 12 V and 5 V fans (jumper cap configuration)
- Output power connector (+5 V, +12 V with PoE)
- MIPI DSI display FPC connector (22 pin 0.5 mm pitch cable)
- 2x MIPI CSI-2 camera FPC connectors (22 pin 0.5 mm pitch cable)
- Raspberry Pi HAT connector
- PoE support via an optional module
- Debug UART port
- RTC with battery socket and ability to wake up CM4
- Configuration jumpers (Wi-Fi and BLE enabling/disabling, EEPROM write enable, Buzzer enabling)
- IP67 aluminum + plastic outdoors enclosure
- Two uFL to type-N pigtails
- Antenna board for GPS, LTE, WiFi and Bluetooth
- PoE+ (802.3at) support
We have prepared a custom Linux distribution for the WisGate Connect called RAKPiOS. The RAKPiOS is a fork of the Raspberry Pi OS with all the required drivers to use the device, some security changes, helper scripts and Docker included by default.
With the included rakpios-cli you can easily configure the network and deploy several IoT services from a curated list of docker containers available from the device.
Included in the Package:
- RAK7391 CM4 carrier board
- Set of jumpers
- PoE+ injector
- Set of standoffs and screws to secure the board
- Set of screws for the mPCIe and M.2 slot
- Outdoors enclosure with mounting bracket
- Set of screws for the enclosure
- 2x Type-N pigtail
- Type-N antennas (depending on the chosen configuration)
Questions and Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.