WisGate Connect Industrial
Edge gateway specially designed for Industrial IoT communications (LoRa, Zigbee, WisBlock)
The WisGate Connect Industrial provides a set of connectivity options specially designed for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). This includes wireless protocols like LoRa and Zigbee, two Ethernet interfaces for MQTT, ModBUS TCP, BACnet IP,.. and two WisBlock slots compatible with ModBUS RTU, 4-20mA, Analog IN, Digital IN/OUT, relays, sensors.
At the core of the WisGate Connect we have a RAK7391 carrier board for the the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4). This is a powerful ARM hardware solution capable of running different operating systems and multiple applications.
The ruggedized enclosure is 1U size in height and can be rack-mounted with the proper adapters. It also proves free access to the back connectors: HDMI, 1GB Ethernet (with optional PoE support), 2.5GB Ethernet, USB2, USB3 and serial console access.
It has flexible power supply modes such as DC terminal, Phoenix terminal with 9 to 28VDC and also PoE+ (optional). The RAK7391 provides a fan interface to dissipate heat for the CPU that you can control based on the CPU temperature. It can monitor the power supply. In the event of a power failure, the ultra-capacitors can provide power to the system, so that the system can send a notification or easily survive micro-cuts in the power supply.
See hardware compatibility section below.
- Accepts the complete range of CM4 modules
- 2x WisBlock IO connectors
- 3x mPCIe slots
- 1x M.2 B-Key interface
- Flexible power supply modes such as DC terminal, Phoenix terminal and POE (optional)
- HDMI 2.0 connector
- 1 GB Ethernet with PoE support (optional)
- 2.5 GB Ethernet
- 1x USB2.0 + 2x USB3.0
- Type-C USB socket for updating the CM4
- Micro SD Card socket for CM4 Lite modules
- Standard fan connector, compatible with 12 V and 5 V fans (jumper cap configuration)
- Output power connector (+5 V, +12 V with PoE)
- MIPI DSI display FPC connector (22 pin 0.5 mm pitch cable)
- 2x MIPI CSI-2 camera FPC connectors (22 pin 0.5 mm pitch cable)
- Raspberry Pi HAT connector
- PoE support via an optional module
- Debug UART port
- RTC with battery socket and ability to wake up CM4
- Configuration jumpers (Wi-Fi and BLE enabling/disabling, EEPROM write enable, Buzzer enabling)
- Ruggedized 1U rack-able sheet metal enclosure
- OLED screen for quick in-time info
- Up to 6 SMA connectors
We have prepared a custom Linux distribution for the WisGate Connect called RAKPiOS. The RAKPiOS is a fork of the Raspberry Pi OS with all the required drivers to use the device, some security changes, helper scripts and Docker included by default.
With the included rakpios-cli you can easily configure the network and deploy several IoT services from a curated list of docker containers available from the device.
Included in the Package:
- RAK7391 CM4 carrier board
- Set of jumpers
- Phoenix male connector
- 12V2A power supply
- Set of standoffs and screws to secure the board
- Set of screws for the mPCIe, M.2 and WisBlock slots
- Aluminum enclosure with OLED screen
- Set of screws for the enclosure
- Set of rubber feet
- Set of SMA caps
Questions and Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.