WisGate Connect Smart Building
Edge gateway for Smart Building / Smart SOHO solutions
The WisGate Connect Smart Building is specially designed for Smart Building and Smart Home/Office environments
Designed to look just great on your desktop due to it’s slick design, it can connect your home or office appliances using many different protocols, both wireless (LoRaWAN, Zigbee, Bluetooth) and wired (BACnet IP, KNX).
At the core of the WisGate Connect Smart Building gateway we have a RAK7391 carrier board for the the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4). This is a powerful ARM hardware solution capable of running different operating systems and multiple applications.
The WisGate Connect can be powered using PoE+ (802.3at) to minimize cabling. The aluminum enclosure doubles as heat-sink and therefore no active cooling is required for a completely silent operation.
See hardware compatibility section below.
- Accepts the complete range of CM4 modules
- 2x WisBlock IO connectors
- 3x mPCIe slots
- 1x M.2 B-Key interface
- Flexible power supply modes such as DC terminal, Phoenix terminal and POE (optional)
- HDMI 2.0 connector
- 1 GB Ethernet with PoE support (optional)
- 2.5 GB Ethernet
- 1x USB2.0 + 2x USB3.0
- Type-C USB socket for updating the CM4
- Micro SD Card socket for CM4 Lite modules
- Standard fan connector, compatible with 12 V and 5 V fans (jumper cap configuration)
- Output power connector (+5 V, +12 V with PoE)
- MIPI DSI display FPC connector (22 pin 0.5 mm pitch cable)
- 2x MIPI CSI-2 camera FPC connectors (22 pin 0.5 mm pitch cable)
- Raspberry Pi HAT connector
- PoE support via an optional module
- Debug UART port
- RTC with battery socket and ability to wake up CM4
- Configuration jumpers (Wi-Fi and BLE enabling/disabling, EEPROM write enable, Buzzer enabling)
- OLED screen for quick in-time info
- Up to 6 SMA connectors
We have prepared a custom Linux distribution for the WisGate Connect called RAKPiOS. The RAKPiOS is a fork of the Raspberry Pi OS with all the required drivers to use the device, some security changes, helper scripts and Docker included by default.
With the included rakpios-cli you can easily configure the network and deploy several IoT services from a curated list of docker containers available from the device.
Included in the Package:
- RAK7391 CM4 carrier board
- Set of jumpers
- Phoenix male connector
- 12V2A power supply
- Set of standoffs and screws to secure the board
- Set of screws for the mPCIe, M.2 and WisBlock slots
- Aluminum enclosure with OLED screen
- Set of screws for the enclosure
- Set of rubber feet
- Set of SMA caps
- Set of SMA pigtails
Questions and Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.