- Efficient mining of HNT, the Helium cryptocurrency
- Complete set-up in minutes using the MNTD. mobile app
- Helps building the LongFi™ based People’s Network
- Low Power Consumption: Uses only about 5 Watts of Power–less than your standard internet router
- Easily manage hotspots and tokens from the mobile app
- Full Radio Certifications
Helium LongFi™ is a technology architecture that combines a leading wireless technology, LoRaWAN, and the Helium Blockchain. LongFi™ is optimized for miles of range, and long battery life for IoT devices.
RAK Hotspot V2 earn HNT when devices connect, and for validating wireless coverage delivered by peers. Using a system called Proof-of-Coverage, RAK Hotspot V2 earn more HNT when they're in range of other RAK Hotspot V2, but need to be at least 300 meters apart.
Range depends on the environment, for rural areas up to 10 miles or more, but for more dense areas up to a mile. Single RAK Hotspot V2 earn less as they can only issue Challenges over the internet, and can’t participate in Proof-of-Coverage.
Miles of Wireless Coverage
- Deliver many square miles of coverage from a single RAK Hotspot V2
- Based on initial testing, only about 50 to 100 RAK Hotspot V2 are needed to provide complete coverage for an entire city
- Create a new global network for billions of devices
- Any IoT device can become Helium-enabled using readily available off-the-shelf hardware components, software, and a reference design that is open source for anyone to improve upon
1unit RAK Hotspot V2
1pc LoRa Antenna
1pc USB C Power Adapter
1pc 64GB SD Card
- Helium hotspot onboarding fee included ($40)
- First location assert fee included ($10)