Wisblock Core Modules
WisBlock Core is the processing unit of your IoT Solution. Select a module matching the requirements of your application. Available modules include low-power single-core MCUs and fast dual-core MCUs. Different WisBlock Core modules offer different communication possibilities like LoRa, Wi-Fi, BLE, and/or Bluetooth.
The WisBlock Core modules together with one of our WisBlock Base modules can be easily expanded with many available sensors and IO boards. This is the ideal LoRa® end node for battery and/or solar-powered applications in remote locations.
RAK4631 WisBlock LPWAN Core Module
Available in three variants:
- For low-power applications designed with RUI3 - The RUI3 version can be easily programmed with the Arduino IDE or Visual Studio using our RUI3 Arduino BSP.
- For use with the Arduino IDE BSP and Meshtastic - The Arduino version can be easily programmed with the Arduino IDE or the PlatformIO extension for IDEs like Atom, MS Visual Studio Code, or Clion using our Arduino BSP.
The RAK4631 is a WisBlock Core module that features a powerful Nordic nRF52840 MCU with BLE 5.0 paired to the latest LoRa® transceivers from Semtech, the SX126x series. It offers improved power consumption and the improved power amplifier can now transmit at up to +22dBm, with a total link budget of up to 170dB for an extended communication range. This makes RAK4631 our best long-range capable, ultra-low-power communication solution.
Designed for global deployment, covering most used frequencies, the module also includes a temperature-controlled crystal oscillator (TXCO) for correct operation across a wide range of temperature and bandwidth requirements as well as multiple communication interfaces including UARTs, I2C, SPI, ADC, USB, and GPIOs.
RAK11310 WisBlock LPWAN Core Module
The RAK11310 module is based on the Raspberry Pi RP2040 MCU chip. We added the Semtech SX1262 LoRa transceiver chip to open the world of LoRa and LoRaWAN connectivity to this module. Even though this module has no Wi-Fi on board, you can easily add it with the WisBlock Communication module RAK2305.
RAK11200 WisBlock Wi-Fi Core Module
Available in two variants:
- The standard module - The RAK11200 is based on the Espressif ESP32-WROVER 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi & Bluetooth module. It is programmable and compatible with other WisBlock modules. It also features a built-in PCB antenna.
RAK3372 WisBlock LPWAN Core Module
RAK3372 is a low-power long-range transceiver module for LoRa and LoRaWAN applications based on the STM32WLE5CC chip.
The firmware of the RAK3372 is based on RAKwireless Unified Interface V3 (RUI3) which allows you to create different functionalities using RUI3 APIs. It provides an easy-to-use, small-size, low-power solution for long-range wireless data applications. This module complies with Class A, B, & C of LoRaWAN 1.0.3 specifications. It can easily connect to different LoRaWAN server platforms like The Things Network (TTN), ChirpStack, Helium, etc. It also supports LoRa Point-to-Point (P2P) communication mode which helps you in implementing your own customized long-range LoRa network quickly.
It can work as a stand-alone device by creating custom firmware via RUI3 APIs or can be deployed as a LoRa modem with an external host like a microcontroller or microprocessor that configures and sends commands to the module using AT and Binary commands via a UART interface.
- RAK4631 WisBlock LPWAN Core Module
- RAK11310 WisBlock LPWAN Core Module
- RAK11200 WisBlock Wi-Fi Core Module
- RAK3372 WisBlock LPWAN Core Module
Questions and Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.