RAK Raspberry Pi 4 Kit for LoRaWAN
Prefer another courier for your delivery? Contact us for special shipping arrangements.
LoRaWAN Gateway based on Raspberry Pi 4.
Build your developer gateway for LoRaWAN with the RAK Raspberry Pi4 base kit - including Pi 4 (4GB), ready-to-use micro SD card with Raspbian OS pre-loaded, case, power supply, RAK2287 concentrator, PiHAT for the concentrator, and LoRa antenna.
The Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is the latest addition to the popular Raspberry Pi series. It offers an excellent increase in processor speed, multimedia performance, memory, and connectivity over the previous generation Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, while maintaining backward compatibility and similar power consumption
RAK2287 is a mini-PCIe form factor LPWAN concentrator module based on Semtech SX1302. It is an exceptional, complete and cost-effective gateway solution offering up to 10 programmable parallel demodulation paths, an 8 x 8-channel LoRa® packet detector, 8 x SF5-SF12 LoRa® demodulators and 8 x SF5-SF10 LoRa® demodulators. It is capable of detecting an uninterrupted combination of packets with 8 different spreading factors and 10 channels of continuous demodulation of up to 16 packets. The module is well suited for Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications that require a node density of up to 500 nodes per km² in an environment with moderate interference.
Develop your IoT project or launch your first gateway for LoRaWAN with the RAK Raspberry Pi4 Basic Kit
To make it even better, we added heat sinks to the top and bottom of the Raspberry Pi4.
You can choose from a variety of options as Check to include:
- Processor: Broadcom BCM2711, quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4
- Connectivity: 2 .4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE, Gigabit Ethernet, 2 × USB 3.0 ports, 2 × USB 2.0 ports.
- SD card support: Micro SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
- Input power:
- 5V DC via USB-C connector (minimum 3A1)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)–enable (requires separate RAK PoE HAT)
- Environment: Operating temperature 0–50ºC
Designed with size efficiency in mind (mPCIe form factor).
Built around the newly released SX1302 baseband processor.
Tx power up to 27dBm, Rx sensitivity down to -139dBm@SF12, BW 125 kHz.
LoRa® band coverage – full LoRaWAN band support based on the selected model
- 1 x Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB RAM
- 1 x Enclosure(92 x 68.3 x 57.2 mm)
- 1 x Power adapter
- 1 x 64GB SD card with pre loaded Raspbian OS
- 1 x Heatsinks and Thermal Pad - mounted
- 1 x RAK2287+Pi HAT
- 1 x LoRa antenna
Getting started with Raspberry Pi and RAK LPWAN concentrators
Questions and Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.