RAK5146 Gateway Concentrator Module for LoRaWAN, SX1303 LoRa Core (SPI or USB, GPS, LBT)
Note: To use the RAK5146 with the RAK2287/RAK5146 Pi HAT, select the SPI interface. The RAK5146 with USB interface can be used with the mPCIe to USB board. If you are unsure about the compatibility of your order, request support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RAK5146 is an LPWAN Concentrator Module with a mini-PCIe form factor based on Semtech SX1303 and SX126X for Listen Before Talk feature, which enables easy integration into an existing router, network equipment, or host board to add LoRaWAN Gateway capabilities. It can be used in any embedded platform offering a free mini-PCIe slot with SPI/USB connection. Furthermore, ZOE- M8Q GPS chip is integrated onboard for precise time synchronization.
This module is an exceptional, complete, and cost-efficient gateway solution offering up to 10 programmable parallel demodulation paths, 8 x 8 channel LoRa packet detectors, 8 x SF5-SF12 LoRa demodulators, and 8 x SF5-SF10 LoRa demodulators. It is capable of detecting an uninterrupted combination of packets at 8 different spreading factors and 10 channels with continuous demodulation of up to 16 packets. This product is best for smart metering fixed networks and Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications.
The module can be quickly set up and integrated with our examples for Raspberry Pi and Linux-based host devices.
- RAK5146 supports EU868/IN865/RU864 or US915/AS923/KR920/AU915 LoRaWAN bands (selected from the frequency menu).
- RAK5146L supports CN470 or EU433 LoRaWAN bands (selected from the frequency menu).
- Designed based on Mini PCI-e form factor.
- SX1303 baseband processor emulates 8x8 channel LoRa packet detectors, 8x SF5-SF12 LoRa demodulators, 8x SF5-SF10 LoRa demodulators, one 125 /250 / 500 kHz high-speed LoRa demodulator, and one (G)FSK demodulator.
- 3v Mini PCI-e, compatible with 3G/LTE card of Mini PCI-e type.
- Tx power up to 27dBm, Rx sensitivity down to -139dBm@SF12, BW 125 kHz.
- Supports global license-free frequency band - EU868, EU433, CN470, US915, AS923, AU915, KR920, IN865, RU864 (based on the selected option)
- Variant with SPI or USB interface
- Listen Before Talk(optional)
- Fine Timestamp
- Built-in ZOE-M8Q GPS module(optional).
- 1x RAK5146
- 1x Ipex LoRa Antenna*
- 1x Ipex GPS Antenna* (if GPS option selected)
*The included antennas are for evaluation and indoor use. You can add an external indoor or outdoor antenna from the Accessories page.
Questions and Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.