WisBlock Meshtastic Starter Kit
The Basic Kit for Meshtastic
Are you interested to join the Meshtastic network? Meshtastic is an off-grid messaging system using inexpensive hardware to create your personal mesh. Radios forward messages to the next node to distribute them over the network. Communicate kilometers/miles between nodes. Internet-connected relay nodes enable the conversation to move online too.
Start immediately with our Meshtastic Starter Kit. It includes a WisBlock Base board and the RAK4631 WisBlock Core module, already flashed with the Meshtastic firmware. Power the boards up and start sending messages immediately.
Extend the Meshtastic Starter Kit with one or several of our suggested add-ons
- Add location service to the mesh with the RAK12500 GNSS module
- Connect peripherals to the Meshtastic Starter Kit with the RAK13002 IO module
- See your messages directly on the device with the RAK1921 OLED display
- Use the RAKBox-B5 to mount the starter kit together with the RAK1921 to a user-friendly indoor stand
- Use the Unify Enclosure to take your Meshtastic Kit outdoors. The solar panel of the Unify Enclosure can extend the lifetime of your battery by recharging it automatically.
- 1pc WisBlock Base (RAK19007)
- 1pc WisBlock Core (RAK4631) - Select your frequency band before ordering
- 1pc LoRa Antenna
- 1pc BLE Antenna
Questions and Answers
Hi, what are the very basic components to realize a meshtastic device? Is the basic kit enough or do I need more components? Like a battery-holder for example? If yes, what power supply do yo recommend?
The Meshtastic starter kit is enough to start, for additional supported modules, please check https://meshtastic.org/docs/hardware/devices/rak/
In the Peripherals section you can find all supported WisBlock modules.
The Meshtastic starter kit comes with an USB cable for power supply. If you want to use it battery supplied, you can check our Documentation Center for recommended battery specs https://docs.rakwireless.com/Product-Categories/WisBlock/RAK19007/Datasheet/#battery-connector-2
We do not sell battery holders.